Monday, January 11, 2010

Green is good for the soul.

Our apartment here in Chicago is on the small side. But it's got a lot of charm and it's cheap (which is really the main thing for us right now). This is also the first place we have been able to paint. That is a huge deal for us and we have had a blast trying to find good oops paints from the hardware store. This past weekend we painted our kitchen/living room a bright, cheery green. It has literally changed the mood of the whole apartment. I looked up what the color green means in Feng Shui and it is for renewal, fresh energy, and new beginnings. Lloyd is exactly right when he says we were due for some of that.

It was also great to finally get a new charger for my laptop on Sunday. I had the Apple MagSafe charger that was anything but safe when the cord frayed. Apple was aware of the problem and was giving a new charger in exchange for an old one. My problem was that I threw the old one away before I knew about the exchange program. It took a lot of patience and several trips to the Mac Store but I finally got my replacement charger. It had been over six months since I was last able to use my computer. I wanted to hug the woman at the Genius Bar when she walked up and handed it to me.

The rest of the week is devoted to job applications. Looking forward to more new beginnings and fresh energy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Do we get to see pictures? ::looks hopeful::

    Can I pop your blog on my blogroll? Just wanted to check first before I went ahead and did it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to post some pics. I have some up on Facebook. I will try to them up here.

    Sure! Throw me up on your roll. I would be honored. :)

    ReplyDelete