Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiration and Determination

For the next few weeks I am only working 3 days a week. This gives me a lot of time to work on other things. Since I keep running up against brick walls as far as gallery jobs go, I've decided to focus my time pursuing arts management projects on the side.

Last week was a throw away week. I ended up doing little to nothing of value on my days off. This week however I'm on the ball. Yesterday was spent helping Lloyd put together a grant. Unfortunately, the PDF file was uncooperative and we weren't able to turn in the application. However there are lots of other grants and show entries that he needs help putting together and we are determined to keep at it. Not to mention his upcoming solo show next month here in the city. I hope I can do a little PR and installation work for it.

I am also planning a traveling exhibition involving artists we met in Texas and that have scattered throughout the country and the world. I am excited to make some progress on it this week. My only concern is nailing down dates for the exhibition. We will both need to travel down to Texas for the show and I'm not sure what our financial situation will be like later this year. I guess I will just have to put myself out there and see what happens. Things do tend to work themselves out when you are on the right path. I have learned that the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment